- Volunteer Leaders
- Committee Involvement
- NAIFA Quality Awards (NQA) provide advisors at any career stage the opportunity to demonstrate a commitment to their clients of excellence and service. Awards are given for the following categories Life Insurance, Multi-Line, Financial Advising, and Health and Employee Benefits. Applicants may apply for more than one category.
- 4 Under 40: Each year, Advisor Today magazine recognizes four financial advisors with the “4 Under 40 Award" who achieve excellence in their profession by or before the age of 40.
- YAT Leader of the Year: The YAT Leader of the Year Award recognizes an advisor’s commitment to NAIFA, including service at the local, state, and national level, participation in the Leadership in Life Institute (LILI), involvement with state and/or federal legislative efforts, participation in external service work such as charities, and an ability to inspire others.
- Diversity Champion: This award recognizes exceptional efforts to promote the full and equal participation of diverse people within the insurance and financial advising profession.
- John Newton Russell Memorial Award is bestowed upon an insurance or financial services professional who exhibits the character, leadership qualities, contributions to the profession, and American families exemplified by JohnNewton Russell. The characteristics of past recipients have included unwavering loyalty and a high level of professional accomplishment and community service.
- Terry Headley Lifetime Defender Award recognizes a current NAIFA member who shows exemplary service to their professional, colleagues, and clients through their political advocacy and contributions to IFAPAC.
Speaking & Writing
- Consumer Blog Contributor: Let us market you! Have you written an article or blog post that would benefit consumers and increase financial literacy for all Americans? Contact us to help us build our library of advisor resource content.
- NAIFA Speakers Bureau was created to provide high-quality presenters and thought-leaders for events across NAIFA Nation. As a member, you will receive preferred consideration by the bureau's review committee.
- Advisor Ambassador: Are you a young advisor looking for a way to both grow NAIFA membership & your personal brand? Serving as an Advisor Ambassador allows you to do both! This 25-40 minute session allows you to share your secrets of industry success with non-members and invite them to join NAIFA.
- Young Advisors Team (YAT): A YAT is defined as someone 40 years of age or younger, or in their first 5 years of the business. Career-changers who are older than 40 qualify and some NAIFA members will want to be included in YAT events and consider themselves what we call “YAT at Heart.” While any member can attend and enjoy YAT events, only a true YAT is eligible to qualify for the YAT of the Year award.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Council: The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council's (DEI) mission is to be the industry expert on diversity, equity and inclusion by having a diverse membership that serves the population by promoting an environment of multiculturalism, equity and inclusion and provides the tools and resources to work with various people groups. The council seeks to accomplish its purpose and mission via an advisory group of volunteers who provide guidance, advice, and support to diversity initiatives that will in turn create the cultural shifts as outlined in NAIFA’s 2025 Strategic Plan. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council is housed in our Talent Development Center.
- Future Leaders: This is a special program for college students looking to start a career in the insurance and financial services industry. The Future Leaders is overseen by NAIFA's YAT Committee and is held twice each year. Topics range from understanding the industry, pre-licensing information, and internship opportunities.
- Leadership in Life Institute (LILI): LILI is a six-month leadership development program devoted to advancing your personal growth and professional success. The first classes were held in 2000 and more than 2200 NAIFA members are considered alumni of this program.
Special Discounts & Access
- EveryIncome offers personalized financial education and financial management tools directly for consumers or as a customizable, private-label package for financial professionals to give to their clients and prospects. As a member of NAIFA, you get free, instant access to these financial wellness and education tools
- AARP BankSafe: AARP has adapted their BankSafe program to agents & advisors as we're often the first line of protection to spot financial exploitation and adhere to the highest code of ethics. After completing this training, apply to receive a seal of verification.
- Career Center: Job seekers and employers can take advantage of NAIFA's Career Center.
- Affinity Partners bring our members discounts from our benefits marketplace found in Chalice Connect that includes group health insurance through Paychex Oasis, E&O insurance to a Zoom discount to UPS to Hertz. Our affinity partners offer our members multiple ways to save on business essentials. Navigate to "Affinity Discount Partners" under the "Partners menu in the Member Portal.
Swag & Merch
- NAIFA Store: **NEW STORE OPENING SOON** From socks to pens to Bluetooth speakers...the NAIFA store has you covered for all sorts of NAIFA branded merchandise.
- IFAPAC Store: Show IFAPAC pride with pins or ribbons to indicate your contribution level. Order materials for your chapter IFAPAC booths here too.