Protecting Financial Security for All Americans
Benefits of Volunteering
Becoming more involved with NAIFA can be a rewarding experience. Here are some of the reasons our members volunteer their time, talent and treasure with NAIFA.
- Networking: Volunteering with NAIFA puts you in touch with other professionals in our industry. Build meaningful relationships, expand your network and open doors to new collaborations.
- Contributing to the Community: Make a positive impact within NAIFA by fostering growth, education, and connections.
- Enhancing Your Reputation: Making time to give back to NAIFA demonstrates your commitment and dedication to your profession by showcasing your willingness to contribute and advance our association and industry.
- Personal Satisfaction: Being involved in NAIFA and/or contributing your time and knowledge to our community can be very satisfying. It gives you a sense of purpose and accomplishment, knowing that you are making a difference.
- Gain Leadership Experience: When volunteering with NAIFA, you will develop essential leadership skills such as: decision-making, time management, communication, collaboration, and adaptability.
Ways to Get Involved
Federal and State grassroots advocacy is at the core of what we stand for at NAIFA. With members in all 435 U.S. congressional districts, it is important that we cultivate meaningful relationships with our lawmakers. These relationships help our association support positive legislation and defeat bad bills that would negatively impact our members as well as their clients on Main Street. When our members participate in Congressional Conference, attend in-district meetings, or go to the Hill during the National Leadership Conference our efforts to meet with federal legislators are unmatched.
Community Financial Wellness
We want to highlight NAIFA members in short topic-based videos that will range from 3-minute “the more you know” videos to 15-20 minute informational webinars on a variety of topics.
Raise awareness of our FinancialSecurity.org consumer-facing brand by sponsoring local events (golf tournaments, high school sports teams, charity events, and more)
Leverage our partner, White Glove to help get you in front of more consumers and generate leads.
Increasing Financial Literacy: Consumer Articles
Have you written an article or blog post that helps increase financial literacy across Main Street USA? Do you have a consumer-facing piece developed that you would like to contribute to our public relations campaign to get financialsecurity.org into consumer publications and media.
Serve Your Association Colleagues as NAIFA Secretary or a Trustee. NAIFA members who sit on the National Board of Trustees are either nominated and approved by the Governance Committee or appointed by the Committee. Members typically rise through the chairs at the local and then state levels before being selected to the National Board of Trustees.
Serving as a state board member allows you to develop valuable leadership and organizational skills. You'll gain experience in decision-making, strategic planning, budgeting, and team management, which can be beneficial in both your professional and personal life. Serving on a board can be challenging at times, but it can also be a great opportunity for personal growth.
Local or Affiliate Leadership
Volunteering with NAIFA at the local or affiliate level allows you to connect with other professionals in the insurance and financial services industry. Building relationships with colleagues and peers can lead to valuable networking opportunities, which can benefit your career in the long run. Active involvement in a local NAIFA group can enhance your reputation as a dedicated and committed professional within your community. This can build trust with your clients and colleagues.
Now more than ever, we need boots on the ground and an ear on the street. We are looking for NAIFA members in every state capital and population center to help our newsfeed represent the latest happenings in your communities. Whether it is advocacy efforts, member successes and accomplishments or making a difference on Main Street USA, we want to hear from you.
Subject Matter Expert Content Contributor
Do you have an article or short recording that would be of interest to other insurance and financial services professionals? We want to hear from you! Please note, The article itself should not market a specific product or company. Reference to or mention of a company is acceptable when it is relevant to the article.